Jaume Bernadas Mir
He was one of the master builders who essentially erected apartment buildings during the initial phase of the Cerdà Expansion plan.
He earned his degree in 1864 and worked during the period from 1870 to 1910.
Some of his most representative works are:
(Source: Joan Bassegoda Nonell, Los maestros de obras de Barcelona. Ed. Técnicos Asociados S.A. Barcelona 1973).
- Collaboration with Oriol Mestres on the Cathedral of Barcelona, the Church of Santiago and the Liceu opera house, 1862.
- Residential building on Rambla de Catalunya, owned by Josep Estruch, 1888.
- The cupola of Casa Enric Laplana on Passeig de Sant Joan.
- Residential building for the Sansalvador family on the corner of Casp and Bruc streets, from 1895 to 1896.
Francesc de Paula Riera
Some of his most representative buildings are:
(Source: Historical archive of the Architects’ Association of Catalonia (COAC))
- Warehouse project in Lleida.
- Single family dwelling in Almacelles, Lleida.
- Residential building owned by Francesc Riera in Barcelona.
- Office building for the “Bailly-Baillière y Riera Reunidos” Society in Barcelona.
- Great Room of the Círculo Mallorquín in Palma, Majorca.