The Corner Hotel

TIMELINE

1769

The Juncà family acquires two agricultural plots dedicated to grain cultivation located outside the city walls, but within the territory of the city.

1889

Antoni Cortada Juncà sells the plots to Pau Casades Espoy, who intends to develop them in the context of the Cerdà urban development plan.

1893

Pau Casades sells the undeveloped plots to Santiago Torruella.

1901

Santiago Torruella sells a portion of the land (today located at Mallorca, 180) to Antoni Paixa, leaving the defined plot located today on the corner of Mallorca and Muntaner streets, which still take several years to develop.

1923

The Torruella Font heirs sell the land to Mercè Ferrer.

1924

Santiago Torruella dies and his children Antoni, Andreu, Manuel, Serafina, Maria dels Àngels and Maria Torruella Font inherit the urban plot.

1924

Mercè Ferrer dies shortly after the purchase. Her children Francesc and Maria Palà Ferrer inherit the land and promote the construction of the building on the corner of Mallorca and Muntaner streets.

1964

Maria Palà dies and her children Ernest and Francesc Ruiz Palà inherit her half of the building.

1987

Francesc Palà dies, owner of the other half of the building.

2001

The owners of the building sell it to the Núñez y Navarro group.

2013

Rehabilitation work begins on the entire building in December.